You can purchase the ‘Designing play spaces with contemporary art’ workshop for teachers, parents, artists, or caregivers working with children aged 2-10 years here:
In this workshop you will:
- Discover the importance of art and play in childhood development
- Learn about two amazing contemporary female artists: Charlotte Poseneske and Louise Nevelson
- Get tips for collecting, storing, and reusing art materials as well as setting up art activities that invite curiosity and imagination
- Get ideas for adapting art activities in socially distanced settings
- Get a 10 page workshop handbook featuring key ideas, artist information, and steps for designing your own play spaces
- Receive links to follow-up resources
US $29 plus tax & VAT for EU residents. Click here to purchase!
A 60-minute workshop including Q&A with Dr Louisa Penfold
- Are you curious about connecting contemporary art and children’s play?
- Looking for easy and fun creative kids activities?
- Want to learn about interesting artists from different genders, races, and cultures?
- Have questions like where to get affordable art materials from, how to do messy art with minimal cleaning, and how to have conversations with kids that cultivate creativity and imagination?
If so, this ‘Designing play spaces with contemporary art’ workshop is for you! Focusing on artworks that explore light, color, and reflection, I will walk you through concrete steps for connecting contemporary art and children’s play. This session is perfect for teachers and parents of children aged 2-10 years.
What we will cover in the workshop:
- Learn about art of two amazing contemporary artists, Rebecca Bauman and Ralph Kistler whose sculptures and installations explore concepts such as light, reflection, and shadow.
- How to setup play spaces that link to artists’ light experimentation in a way that supports children’s inquiry, curiosity, and hands-on learning
- Tips for collecting, storing, and reusing repurposed art materials
- Ideas for adapting play spaces in socially distanced learning environments
Length: 60 minutes including Q&A
Cost: US $29 + tax and VAT for EU Residents
To register: Click here to purchase!
Limited spots available. *Australian participants: The live workshop will run on Friday March 4 from 10:00am-11:30am (Melbourne/Sydney time).
- Payment can be made by Paypal or credit card
- You will have access to the recording for two months after the workshop presentation date
- You will receive a certificate of completion if requested
- 10% of profits from this workshop will be donated to Children’s Ground, an Indigenous not-for-profit organization working to support early learning of First Nations children, families, and communities in Australia