I am happy to share a new ebook I have been working on! It is all about doing art at home with repurposed materials. You can download it for FREE at the bottom of this blog post!
I love this ebook because you won’t need to spend money buying new or expensive art materials as each activity has been designed so you can do them with bits and pieces you most likely already have.
What is the ebook about?
Repurposed materials are materials that have had a previous life as something else. For example, a cardboard box, recycled string, bottle tops, plastic containers, or natural materials. These materials are great to use in children’s art as they are open-ended and encourage imagination and creativity.
The ebook featured six different art activities that use repurposed materials. These have been put together by six amazing art educators and include:
- Experimenting with light and shadow by Laurafantini_it
- Experimenting with nature frames by Jaime Bruce
- Experimenting with cardboard by Stephanie O’Brien from Crafted by Me Art
- Experimenting with wind chimes by Farah Osman
- Experimenting with bioplastics by Angela Ruggles from The Nature Atelier
- Experimenting with stitching by Jenna Planden from Mousse Art Studio
I also edited the book and wrote the introduction.
Who is it for?
This ebook is perfect for families who are looking for fun art activities to do at home. The activities featured in it have been designed for children aged two years and over however you could modify them for all ages.
I would love to see what you create using the guide. Please add the hashtag #artplaychildrenlearning so I can cheer you on.